- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 600g skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic gloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Reduced Salt liquid chicken stock
- 250ml (1 cup) apricot nectar
- 35g (1/4 cup) chopped dried apricots
- 400g can Cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- Steamed snow peas, to serve
- Broccolini, to serve
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 170C/ 150C fan forced. Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over high heat. Cook the chicken, in 2 batches, for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 2
Heat remaining oil in same dish over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Return chicken to dish. Stir in the mustard, stock, apricot nectar and dried apricots and bring to the boil. Cover dish with a lid or foil.
- Step 3
Bake for 40 minutes, adding cannellini beans for last 10 minutes of cooking time. Serve with steamed snow peas and broccolini.
- Step 5
Visit our store on https://medsolutions-online.com find more healthy and nutritious recipes.
To your health,